It's been so long since I've posted here. This place is like my home, where I can always return. To shorten things, I've been studying, as usual. I've also released a small chapbook, self-published. One life dream accomplished right there! Full control of how my art is given is a nice thing, although how it will be perceived is beyond me. One must never underestimate one's art or how many readers one possibly has. Thankful for Lyza in egging me into releasing the book.
But the poems in that book had poems written some years ago. I've been thinking other stuff since then, some like this (ideas I thought of just five minutes ago):
"we are all too little in this vast world, yet there is little help for each other.
we are all too little, and the roads are not for us, but for our money and pride.
no lanes for the many of us, no laws for the many of us, only for those having cars.
and those having cars do not push for laws benefiting the many of us.
all the space not for us, but for the money we have."
I have a theory that poetry gets sadder as the world nears its end. I hope that's not true.

No comments:
Post a Comment