Around 6PM, I took a jeepney to UP to do some errands, and all throughout it was windy. Upon going home, one lady sat in front of me, and I wondered if it was my ex. I felt I needed to know. Then the breeze greeted me as the jeepney passed the administration building. I was seeing couples jog, assuming they were couples. I looked at the lady in front of me, then it came to me that I really couldn't care less. Did it really matter if it was her, or an ex-fling, a crush who rejected me? Would it have changed anything? The wind was enough, more than enough, the ambiance of the streetlights, the warmth from the jacket I wore, the trees. But would it have really been better if it was her? I don't know, I thought, and unless it happens I wouldn't answer the question. I didn't bother looking when she got off, but I was smiling. Mental note: How to know you're over someone/How to know if you need anyone: 1) Jeepney ride at early evening through UP; 2) Emoshit moment reveals itself; 3) "Fuck it, I'm enjoying the breeze" attitude takes over.
No comments:
Post a Comment