25 November, 2005

Dirt'st Peaks

When I brought this to school, I let Joseph read it and he made into a song.
Beloved read this.

From my heart that flocks to every night’s day,
To which whom I sleep, yet my heart will stay;
From dirt’st peak of brown dirt molds I sleep,
Far far far from her eyes and scarlet dress,
Incessant smile that seizes me so deep,
To wily stars and broken mirrors reap;
To then lying books and pompous sneer steep.
To an abyss of pash, thought, and unrest.
But you will never let such thoughts change time.
Every other kiss that thou art thrown out;
For any other wink that you give through;
For once I will not let sorrow hold the scythe.
But still I think, I crave, of your scarlet form,
In my sleep, from dirt’st peaks of brown dirt molds.

11/12/05

No comments: